146: Retailer Box Lunch Serves Up Hunger Relief for Feeding America
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Robert Thomsen, Vice President & General Manager of Merchandising & Marketing for Box Lunch, a civic-minded specialty retailer with an online site and eight physical stores.
With every $10 spent on the site, Box Lunch will help provide a meal to a person in need through its partnership with Feeding America.
On the show:
- How Box Lunch got started – it’s only a year-old and focused on Millennial shoppers.
- Why Box Lunch chose Feeding America and whether they will add additional charities.
- How box lunch donated over 70,000 meals in its first 30 days of operation.
- The success Box Lunch is having telling the Feeding America story in stores – and how it trains its employees to tell that story.
- What other cause businesses did Box Lunch look to for inspiration?
- Why did they decide to embed cause marketing in right from the start?
- How much has cause contributed to Box Lunch’s success? Can they put a percentage on it?
- How Box Lunch is involving their vendors in supporting Feeding America.
- Critical lessons learned as Box Lunch has ramped up their business.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!