153: Larabar Supports Feeding America, Asks Consumers to #ShareRealFood
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Rosanne Ranta, associate marketing manager at snack bar maker, Larabar, about #ShareRealFood, a new cause marketing partnership supporting Feeding America.
With the help of The Real Girl’s Kitchen star Haylie Duff, Larabar kicked off the initiative with a $150,000 donation to Feeding America. Consumers can support the effort by donating or volunteering and sharing the activity online with a photo, video or a tweet with the hashtag #ShareRealFood.
On the show, Megan, Rosanne and Joe discuss:
- The history of Larabar. It started with a real person and founder, Lara! And the partnership with Feeding America stems from the company’s commitment to real food.
- Along with a donation, Larabar is asking consumers to start talking about hunger issues by using the hashtag, making a donation and/or volunteering at a food bank.
- Did Larabar ever consider rewarding positive consumer behavior with an additional donation to Feeding America?
- The social channels on which Larabar is promoting the campaign.
- How consumers are communicating with Larabar on the types of social initiatives they want the brand to be involved in.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!