168: To Succeed Causes Need to Stand Out from the Crowd
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Julie Cottineau, founder and CEO of BrandTwist, a brand consultancy, and creator of Brand School Online, a learning program that teaches small business owners, entrepreneurs and non-profits how to create powerful brands that break-through crowded markets.
Julie is also the author of a new bestseller: TWIST: How Fresh Perspectives Build Breakthrough Brands.
On the show, Megan, Julie and Joe discuss:
- Julie’s career path to branding expert, including her unacknowledged invention of the Pet Rock and a stint with Sir Richard Branson.
- How Julie defines Brand and a Brand Twist.
- When is it appropriate for organizations to Twist? And why it’s okay to turn off some people!
- How you find your twist in the marketplace by looking both within your own brand story and outside your industry.
- The importance of failing harder and developing focus when it comes to brand development.
- The incredible opportunity nonprofits and businesses have to promote themselves and build their brands.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!