174: Boston Brewery Helps Entrepreneurs Brew American Dream
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Risa Sherman, Manager of Philanthropy & Cause Marketing at The Boston Beer Company, about the company’s signature cause initiative, Brewing the American Dream.
This innovative program champions the great ideas and dreams of small business owners nationwide who are pursuing their passion in the food and beverage, hospitality, and craft brewing industries.
On the show, Megan, Risa and Joe discuss:
- An overview of the halo-award winning Brewing the American Dream. The initial goal was to add value to the community beyond just writing a check.
- The three legs of the program. First, access to capital. Second, access to mentors. Third, access to new customers and markets.
- The focus of the program over the past year? One word: Impact (and tracking it!).
- What’s the business impact of Brewing the American Dream? A close connection to innovation helps Boston Beer stay nimble in its own business.
- How much Boston Beer employees enjoy working with other entrepreneurs.
- Risa has worked on the agency side and the brand side. What’s the difference? What advice would she give agencies?
- The importance of involving the whole company in cause marketing.
- What is Boston Beer planning for the program in 2017?
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!