179: How Arby’s Maverick Spirit is Building a PurposeFULL Business
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Chris Fuller, Executive Director at the Arby’s Foundation, about the chain’s first PurposeFULL report highlighting progress across its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) platform. With 3,300 locations around the world, Arby’s is the second largest quick-service chain in the world!
On the show, Megan, Chris and Joe discuss:
- Why Arby’s is releasing its first CSR report now
- What Arby’s is doing to share the report with stakeholders.
- The four pillars of the report:YouthFULL, SkillFULL, ResourceFULL & FlavorFULL.
- Arby’s focus on youth empowerment and its contribution of over $76 million.
- Customer donations at the register – last year that totaled $3.6 million.
- How Arby’s puts the “FUN” in fundraising and gets 75 percent of its restaurants to participate in fundraising programs.
- The structure of Arby’s point-of-sale fundraisers and importance of having an employee “champion.”
- How Arby’s picked childhood hunger as its cause.
- How’s Arby’s is working with its nonprofit partners to maximize social impact through innovation.
- Arby’s plans to work with Dipjar on a pilot program for year-round “passive fundraising.”
- Chris’ thoughts on the importance of cause marketing to brands.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!