181: Omni Hotels Books Meals for Needy with “Say Goodnight to Hunger”
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Peter Strebel, Chief Marketing Officer at Omni Hotels & Resorts, about Say Goodnight to Hunger (#SayGoodnightToHunger). This action-triggered donation program feeds a family of four dinner for an entire week whenever guests book a stay directly at OmniHotels.com.
Since the programs launched in June, Omni Hotels has donated 3 million meals. Donations support Feeding America and local food banks in the 42 communities where Omni’s 60 hotels are located.
On the show, Megan, Peter and Joe discuss:
- Joe’s love of Boston Cream Pie and its connection to the Omni Parker House in Boston.
- How Omni Hotels got involved with Feeding America and the kick-off ofSay Goodnight to Hunger in June.
- How Omni Hotel employees have supported the program in their communities. Feeding America’s local footprint made it a perfect nonprofit match for Omni!
- How the program is geared toward Millennial customers and employees. 45% of Omni employees and 25% of Omni customers are Millennials.
- How being the father of a Millennial (who works at TOMS!) inspired Peter to take the next step in Omni’s social responsibility efforts.
- How support for this program began at the very top of the Omni organization.
- What has surprised Peter the most since the launch of the program.
- What Feeding America brings to the table as a partner of Omni Hotels.
- How Omni Hotels is communicating with employees about the program to show the impact of their efforts.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!