190: This Mattress Company Lets You Give Back While You Sleep
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to David Wolfe, Co-Founder and CEO of Leesa Sleep, a certified B-Corp that donates one mattress to a shelter for every 10 it sells. To date, they’ve donated 9,000 mattresses and are proudly pioneering a way for people to give back while they sleep!
On the show, Megan, David and Joe discuss:
- How Leesa got started by a serial entrepreneur with a generous spirit.
- How Leesa approaches the intersection of profit and purpose. Which comes first?
- How Leesa has made mattresses “cool,” which may explain why so many Millennials are consumers and employees!
- How Leesa tracks the social impact of the mattresses it donates. One way is through an “Impact Tour” of shelters they’ve helped.
- How Leesa chooses the shelters it donates to.
- How Leesa balances its donation with new and returned mattresses. More than half of their donations are new mattresses.
- The real problem of homelessness: no place to sleep. Watch This!
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!