196: Sarah Durham on How Branding + Fundraising = Brandraising
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Sarah Durham, CEO of Big Duck, a communications firm that is a leader in Brandraising — a proven approach to fundraising that puts the focus on marketing, branding, and communications.
On the show, Megan, Sarah, and Joe discuss:
- Speaking of brands: Where did Big Duck come from?
- Why branding is important for nonprofits.
- Sarah’s definition of “Branding”.
- What do you need in place before you go through a rebrand?
- How Big Duck tracks the ROI of a rebrand with its clients.
- How communications isn’t decorative for a nonprofit – it’s a workhorse!
- How to get the key people on board within your organization for a rebrand. And the main difference between a nonprofit and a for-profit rebrand.
- Where does social media fit into a nonprofit’s communications strategy?
- What stands in the way of a successful nonprofit rebrand?
- In 2017, will we see more nonprofit content brands (i.e. nonprofits that prioritize communications)?
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!