211: JetBlue’s Cause Marketing Soars with Reading Initiative
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Icema Gibbs, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, for JetBlue Airways, about JetBlue for Good.
The goal of JetBlue for Good is to inspire humanity – both in the air and on the ground. It’s focused on giving back in meaningful ways in the communities the airline serves and to inspire others to do the same.
On the show, Megan, Icema and Joe discuss:
- How JetBlue for Good got started.
- JetBlue’s signature program, Soar with Reading, that was created six years ago. It’s goal is to bring books and reading to poor communities.
- The innovative approach JetBlue took to delivering books via vending machines.
- Why JetBlue chose to focus on youth and education.
- How JetBlue communicates with its employees about their cause initiatives, and rewards them for their efforts.
- The importance of cause initiatives to younger employees and how it keeps them engaged with the company.
- How JetBlue engages consumers inflight with their different cause-related programs.
- Why it’s important for businesses to be involved in public/private partnerships.
- Learn how you can win two roundtrip JetBlue tickets!
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!