223: How b.good is Building a Business Full of Social Good
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Jon Olinto, co-founder of b.good, a Boston-based chain of farm-to-table burgers and fries joints with 54 locations up and down the east coast, about how his b.good leverages every aspect of its business to support the local community.
On the show, Megan, Jon, and Joe discuss:
- How b.good got started and how social good was mixed in right from the beginning.
- How b.good is sharing its mission of health and sustainability with its customers.
- How b.good invested in a farm off the coast of Boston to feed its mission and expand their work with at-risk youths.
- What b.good has learned through the years about involving customers in their social good experiments. Mobile has played a key role!
- How b.good balances talking about its food with sharing its philanthropic message when customers are in the restaurants.
- The work of the b.good foundation and the challenge of making money and giving it away.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!