How Emerging Brands Are Changing Social Impact Partnerships with Rich Maiore and Meaghan Dorsch
A new generation of companies entering the marketplace are taking a different approach to CSR than their more established counterparts. The rise of these companies built with both social purpose in mind and a willingness to challenge conventional CSR wisdom and the status quo has the potential to upend the social impact landscape.
Navigating the Changing Landscape of Social Impact
Emerging brands often have more progressive business strategies and a socially conscious millennial workforce and consumer base. They also seek to engage in social purpose strategies and nonprofit partnerships that differ from those of traditional corporations and often-taught best practices.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Meaghan Dorsch, Head of Social Impact for Visible and Rich Maiore, President of Rocket Social Impact, one of EFG’s sponsors. The trio explores how these new entrants—those who have risen in profile over the past few years—are shaking up the social impact space and what it means for both nonprofits and established companies.
Tune into today’s episode to hear all about:
- The 3 things established companies can learn from emerging brands
- What emerging brands want from potential nonprofit partners (and how to deliver)
- Why nonprofits shouldn’t shy away from partnering with smaller companies
- How a company can go “beyond the donation”
- The importance of embracing risk and “provocative” issues
- How to “look in, around and through”
- 00:00 – Welcome to Cause Talk Radio
- 01:24 – Introducing Rich Maiore & Meagan Dorsch
- 02:20 – What is an Emerging Brand?
- 04:49 – Social Impact
- 08:22 – Social Impact Challenges for New Companies
- 10:56 – Lessons Learned
- 15:54 – Calculating Resources
- 18:50 – The Value of Non-Profit Expertise
- 21:00 – Going Beyond the Donation
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!