The Intersection Of JEDI & Social Impact
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy sits down with Leeatt Rothschild, Founder & CEO of Packed with Purpose, and Mary Finley, Chief People Officer of Advanced Group, to discuss the importance of internal and external Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) initiatives and how their organizations are advancing these efforts.
The trio talks about JEDI committees, internal Neurodiversity initiatives, leveraging ERGs, listening to employee feedback, having diverse content, internal and external DEI best practices, and the power of language.
Packed with Purpose is a woman-owned business on a mission to create meaningful social impact while strengthening human connections. It’s a corporate gifting company that partners with purpose-driven brands to create gift boxes that give back to causes like poverty and education. Advanced Group companies provide talent opportunities, staffing and recruiting services, and outsourcing solutions for various clients and industries.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- The importance of JEDI programs in the workplace and how they relate to driving social impact
- Why terminology matters & how to select yours
- How Packed with Purpose and Advanced Group approach JEDI and some of the initiatives they’ve implemented
- How Packed with Purpose’s JEDI work extended into its supply chain
- The challenges that companies face when creating JEDI programs and how to overcome them
- The importance of continuous learning in advancing JEDI effortsIdeas you can implement next week to improve your organization’s JEDI work
- Examples of great consumer-facing JEDI work
This episode is brought to you by Packed with Purpose.
Links & Notes
- Packed with Purpose Website
- Packed with Purpose LinkedIn
- Words Matter: How To Drive Social Impact By Using Inclusive Language
- Advanced Group LinkedIn
- Advanced Group Website
- Advanced Clinical
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past podcast episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- (00:00) – Welcome to Engage for Good
- (02:23) – Introducing Leeatt and Mary
- (05:07) – Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- (12:06) – The JEDI Committee
- (13:30) – Partnerships
- (26:44) – A focus on data
- (28:12) – Best Practices in Consumer Initiatives
- (32:38) – Key Learnings
- (35:05) – Learn More
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!