Is it time to find a different job?
The connection between work satisfaction and ADHD is pretty clear if you’re living through the frustration. There are all kinds of reasons to leave a job, but taking the actual step of resigning is one best approached with a clear head. This week on the show, Nikki and Pete share a set of questions that can help you frame your own perspective at work and help find clarity in your desire to leave, or stick it out and work for change.
Nikki’s list of probing questions:
- What’s causing you to even think about this question?
- How much do you complain about your job? What do you complain most about?
- How would you describe your relationship with your boss?
- What about co-workers?
- If you were still doing this job 2 years from now, would be happy or mad?
- Are you holding on to your current job because you are afraid of change?
- Are there more things you like about your job than not like?
- Can you live with what you don’t like?
- Is it possible to change some of the things you don’t like?
- Do you feel supported at your job, do you see opportunities for growth?
- How does your job affect your physical and mental health?
- Can you afford to quit your job before finding a new one?
- Do you feel like you have a good work and life balance?