Leadership Insights: Thriving Amid Challenges In Social Impact
In today’s ever-evolving corporate social impact landscape, we’re navigating a whirlwind of changes: organizational restructures, individual contributors becoming managers, the rise of cancel culture, and heightened demands for broader initiatives despite stagnant headcount and budgets. While these challenges have placed unique and intense pressures on social impact leaders, we’ve also witnessed a surge of innovation in partnerships and campaigns over the last year.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Kelli Thompson, a leadership coach, speaker, and author of “Closing The Confidence Gap,” to discuss strategies for tackling these challenges head-on as we head into the New Year.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- How to level up your leadership and transform your role from doer to leader by using the L.E.S.S. framework
- How to clearly communicate expectations to others and your team
- Leadership strategies after restructuring, particularly in scenarios where leaders are unfamiliar with their new team’s work or are stepping into management for the first time
- Effective coaching methods and recommended questions to guide your team to success
- The role of values in confident leadership, effective delegation, and building a thriving career
- Strategies for navigating increased workload with constrained resources
- Approaches for handling disagreements and fostering collaboration through “calling in” rather than “calling out”
Links & Notes
Elevate Your Social Impact
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!