Putin’s Potential: Is Putin a Malignant Narcissist? Part 2
Putin hasn’t stopped, as we predicted, and it doesn’t look like he’s going to stop. Is that because he’s backed into a corner? Because he’s trying to save face? Or because his malignant narcissism (yes, that means his narcissism grows over time) won’t allow him to stop?
Bill and Megan continue their discussion about what has become one of the worst disasters not only in modern times but in all recorded history, driven by a man who is willing to do what 99.9999% of the rest of the world would never do. In our work we teach that high conflict people do things that 90% of other people would never do. In this case, it’s even more extreme. Although there are other malignant narcissists as political leaders across the globe, he’s the only one engaging in actions that 99.9999% of other people would never do.
Listen as Bill and Megan discuss:
- what makes a malignant narcissist and whether Putin fits the description (although we’re not diagnosing him)
- what stops a malignant narcissist
- whether Ukraine’s President Zelensky handling Putin’s narcissism in the correct manner
- whether NATO and other nations are handling Putin’s narcissism in the correct manner
- Bill’s book Why We Elect Narcissists and Sociopaths and How We Can Stop written in 2019 (he’s not different now in 2022, he’s just worse)
- the fantasy triad and whether/how it applies in this escalation
- how much of this bad news is harmful for us to watch
Links & Other Notes
- Why We Elect Narcissists and Sociopaths ― and How We Can Stop
- 5 Types of People Who Can Ruin Your Life
- Putin Attacking Ukraine: Is this Malignant Narcissism? If so, Can We Predict His Future Actions?
- How High-Conflict Politicians Turn Peace into War
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
You can also find these show notes at our site as well.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.
- 00:00 – Welcome to It’s All Your Fault
- 01:36 – Week Three
- 03:17 – What Is a Malignant Narcissist?
- 08:27 – Will He Stop?
- 10:15 – Suicide?
- 12:17 – Manipulations
- 15:11 – Zelensky’s Leadership
- 16:36 – How Everyone’s Handling Him
- 19:10 – Bill’s Research for His Book
- 23:20 – How This Affects Us
- 28:57 – Reminders & Coming Next Week: Dr. Jay Lieberman
Each week, Bill Eddy and Megan Hunter will be exploring the five types of people who can ruin your life — people with high conflict personalities — and how they weave themselves into our lives in romance, at work, next door, at school, places of worship, and just about everywhere, causing chaos, exhaustion, and dread for everyone else.