CATFA 036: Goodbye, Skinny Steve!
In this minute of Joe Johnston’s 2011 film ‘Captain America: The First Avenger,’ Steve gets dosed with Super Soldier Serum, the Vita-Ray Chamber lifts upright, and Dr. Erskine checks on Steve – who’s okay. They start pumping Vita-Rays into the chamber and Steve – or maybe ust the lights in the chamber – start glowing very brightly.
Minute Thirty-Six: From Painful Injections to 40%!
Joining us on this episode, we have Krissy Lenz and Nathan Blackwell from the Most Excellent 80s Movies Podcast!
In the thirty-sixth minute of Joe Johnston’s 2011 film Captain America: The First Avenger…
Steve’s dosed up with super soldier serum. What’s up with that breaking the fourth wall as he opens his eyes in shock or pain or both? Turns out, it was scripted that his eyes were glowing blue. Yeah. Very much like Hulk, but blue. We’re glad Johnston didn’t go that route. We talk about Steve’s charm, always ready with a witty line even when he’s about to be transformed. But how much does he actually know is about to happen to him? We love on the Tucch and Dominic a bit as Steve’s benevolent father figures, and we love the period look. Plus, we talk about cheats in movie making and say goodbye to the Leander Deeny/Chris Evans blend.
Things are in motion. What’s going to happen to Steve? Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!
- Watch this film: iTunes • Amazon • Netflix • YouTube • Disney+
- Join the conversation on Discord
- Trailer #1
- Trailer #2
- Poster artwork
- Original Material
- Season 5 Show Art by Winston Yabo. Find him on Instagram
- Season 5 Music: “Spread the News” by Anthony Vega. Find him on Instagram
- Most Excellent 80s Movies Podcast
- Most Excellent 80s Movies Podcast on Facebook and Instagram
- Neighborhood Comedy Theatre
- Squishy Studios on the Web, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Tommy Lee Jones’ Boss Coffee Commercials