Ultra Endurance with Marisa Forti
Marisa Forti is an ultra endurance athlete, entrepreneur, fitness and wellness coach, and certified FST trainer. She’s a two-time Ironman, along with having many marathons and long-distance bike rides in her rear view. She has traveled the country working with everyone from weekend warriors to professional athletes across the NFL, NBA, PGA, Olympic training program, right alongside musicians and television personalities.
Her entire career is based on pressing through obstacles for herself, and with those she trains. She uses the science of movement and the human body to set audacious goals and help her clients crush them. While the work Marisa does is at the elite level, we hope you take away a few key lessons from this episode.
First, the journey is everything. Facing down obstacles is principally an exercise in perseverance and patience. Just keep swimming, so to speak.
Second, inspiration might be closer to you than you think. Case in point: Marisa Forti happens to be our own Carrie Fox’s sister.
There is much we can learn from the mindset of athletes and their trainers that applies directly to our efforts to press forward our initiatives elsewhere. Our obstacles are obstacles up to the point that we overcome them, and no further. We hope you enjoy this conversation with our own powerful Marisa Forti.
Links & Notes
- Find Marisa at Fortified Performance
- Marisa’s new apparel line — Endurfins!
- Dream Big: A True Story of Courage and Determination by Dave McGillvray
- Sponsor: Adventures in Kindness, written by a kid and her mom, for kids and their families. Adventures in Kindness is filled with 52 fun, practical, and world-changing adventures. With big ideas, little ideas and everything-in-between ideas, this action/adventure book has a lot of ways to keep you kind and busy—and nearly all adventures can be completed even while our communities are social distancing. Learn more and order your copy today!
- 00:00 – Welcome to Mission Forward
- 01:34 – Introducing Marisa Forti
- 02:40 – Pressing Forward
- 08:54 – Sponsor: Adventures in Kindness
- 09:20 – The First Iron Man
- 13:43 – Training and Motivation
- 14:44 – Staying Centered
- 17:51 – Innovations and Ah-Ha Experiences
- 23:49 – Sharks
This season, we are taking you on a journey to meet ten people influencing and shaping how we communicate at scale for social change. From advertising executives to coalition directors, news editors, campaign managers, and authors, they're all people who are shaping and challenging the deep power of communication. If you’re working to become a more inclusive and thoughtful communicator, there’s nothing holding you back—except you.
Carrie Fox is the founder and CEO of Mission Partners, a woman-owned strategic communications firm and Certified B Corporation that guides high-potential nonprofits, foundations, and socially responsible corporations in realizing their greatest social impact. Since launching her first firm in 2004, she has guided hundreds of organizations around the world to lead with purpose, fueling organizations and their missions forward in new and more impactful ways.