Investing in Inclusion at Intel with Dawn Jones
Many first jobs are not forever jobs, but that’s not how it worked out for Dawn Jones at Intel. Now Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, Dawn began her career at Intel almost 25 years ago, thinking that she’d only stay for a few years. Intel’s support for her and her goals – from paying for her higher education to offering an inclusive culture – was what made the difference. The result is an incredibly committed and intelligent woman determined to advance inclusion for future Intel employees, and for the industry at large.
Intel’s purpose is to create world-changing technology that improves the life of every person on the planet. Dawn’s work directly brings this purpose to life, driving inclusion internally by embedding it in Intel’s culture and advancing inclusion externally through language in coding, bringing more girls in STEM, and providing educational support to underrepresented students in STEM at community colleges.
Listen for Dawn’s insights on:
- Why listening and respecting others’ perspectives are the best mindsets when collaborating.
- How to work with a diverse and representative workforce to activate them for good, whether it’s in the work that they’re doing or in the community.
- Why it’s important for industry leaders to collaborate in standardizing goals and metrics, for the industry and world as a whole.
- Why it’s important to devote time and resources to pursue awards and rankings.
Resources + Links:
- Dawn’s LinkedIn
- CSR at Intel
- 2021-2022 Corporate Responsibility Report
- 2030 RISE Strategy and Goals
- Alliance for Global Inclusion
- Intel Commits $50 Million with Pandemic Response Technology Initiative to Combat Coronavirus
- 00:00 – Welcome to Purpose 360
- 00:13 – Dawn Jones From Intel
- 04:50 – Dawn’s Role
- 06:07 – Schooling
- 07:16 – Foundation in Media Relations
- 09:16 – Intel’s Purpose
- 11:31 – RISE Strategy
- 14:21 – Alliance for Global Inclusion
- 17:45 – Insights for Making Collaboration to Work
- 19:18 – Inclusion Index
- 22:22 – The Million Girl Moonshot
- 23:41 – AI Incubator Network
- 26:28 – Collaborating During Covid
- 28:30 – Moving Together Quickly
- 29:37 – Women in Leadership Roles
- 32:34 – Culture
- 34:58 – Shifting the Culture
- 37:00 – POV on Rankings
- 38:25 – Insights
- 40:49 – Wrap Up
Business is an unlikely hero: a force for good working to solve society's most pressing challenges, while boosting bottom line. This is social purpose at work. And it's a dynamic journey.
Purpose 360 is a masterclass in unlocking the potential of social purpose to ignite business and social impact. We illuminate the growing impacts of purpose, from engaging employees and fostering deeper consumer loyalty to inspiring product innovation and increasing market share.