Finding Your Alignment with Hortense le Gentil
“When you are aligned, you instinctively know what to do. You’re equipped to close the gap between the leader you are and the leader you want to be. When your professional and personal values are aligned, you lead with authenticity and everything becomes possible.”
Many guests on Purpose 360 have shared how they activate employees, collaborate in partnerships, communicate to customers, and engage in the community. It is clear that purpose work requires companies and leaders to care for and focus on many different stakeholders. But while leaders must focus on internal and external stakeholder alignment, it’s vital to also invest in yourself to maintain alignment.
Hortense le Gentil, Executive Coach and Author, defines alignment as the congruence of who you are with what you do. Much like how an organization looks to its values to define purpose, individuals must do the same to be the best version of themselves, drive change, and create impact.
Listen for Hortense’s insights on:
- The most effective ways to find alignment
- Why showing emotion is vital in effective leadership.
- How to break down “mind traps” to unleash your potential
- What leaders can learn from model CEOs, including Satya Nadella (Microsoft), John Donahoe (Nike), and Corie Barry (Best Buy)
Resources + Links:
- Hortense le Gentil on LinkedIn
- Hortense le Gentil’s Website
- Aligned: Connecting Your True Self to the Leader You’re Meant to Be
- (00:00) – Welcome to Purpose 360
- (00:13) – Hortense le Gentil
- (02:53) – Her Background
- (05:11) – Causes for Change in Leadership
- (07:53) – Her Book ‘Aligned’
- (09:54) – What Does It Mean to Be Aligned?
- (12:39) – Things Important to Finding Your Alignment
- (14:12) – The Pause
- (18:29) – Strengthening the Muscle
- (20:35) – Becoming a More Human-Centered Leader
- (24:22) – Reflection Moments
- (27:23) – Trickle Down
- (30:26) – Listen to Your Intuition
- (33:48) – How It’s Impacting Corporate Cultures
- (34:38) – Is Leadership Changing?
- (37:49) – Engaging in Social Issues
- (39:43) – Who She Admires
- (40:49) – Do Policies Change?
- (43:19) – Insights to Finding Alignment & Impact
- (47:03) – Last Thoughts
- (48:13) – Wrap Up
Business is an unlikely hero: a force for good working to solve society's most pressing challenges, while boosting bottom line. This is social purpose at work. And it's a dynamic journey.
Purpose 360 is a masterclass in unlocking the potential of social purpose to ignite business and social impact. We illuminate the growing impacts of purpose, from engaging employees and fostering deeper consumer loyalty to inspiring product innovation and increasing market share.