Responding to COVID-19: A Conversation with JUST Capital and US Bank
Two previous Purpose 360 guests joined us to talk about the evolving corporate response to COVID-19. Martin Whittaker, CEO of JUST Capital, and Reba Dominski, EVP, Chief Social Responsibility Officer, and President, US Bank Foundation, shared their insights and experiences in the midst of the pandemic.
Listen for Martin and Reba’s insights on:
- How JUST Capital sees COVID-19 putting the “stakeholder capitalism” movement to the test
- How US Bank moved quickly to support its employees, customers, and communities—and direct a $30 million donation to relief efforts
- What the business world will look like post-COVID-19, from the workplace to the communities where companies operate
- 00:00 – Welcome to Purpose 360
- 00:53 – Introducing Just Capital and US Bank
- 03:30 – Just-ness in the era of COVID-19
- 07:44 – North Stars and the Data Behind Them
- 18:19 – The Polls
- 21:58 – Reopening the World
- 26:32 – 3 Insights
- 30:37 – How do we demonstrate purpose going forward?
- 34:08 – Humanity
- 35:46 – Introducing Reba Dominski
- 36:01 – What is US Bank doing to respond to COVID-19?
- 36:46 – Community Possible and making decisions at speed
- 40:45 – Communication
- 42:52 – If you’re feeling behind
- 44:20 – The post-COVID world
Business is an unlikely hero: a force for good working to solve society's most pressing challenges, while boosting bottom line. This is social purpose at work. And it's a dynamic journey.
Purpose 360 is a masterclass in unlocking the potential of social purpose to ignite business and social impact. We illuminate the growing impacts of purpose, from engaging employees and fostering deeper consumer loyalty to inspiring product innovation and increasing market share.