Building a Better World With Sustainable Brands
The pandemic has brought us face-to-face with the reality that today’s world can be volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous. As a result, brands are faced with the responsibility to not only work to better understand the deep human needs we have individually, as communities, and as a society at large, but also be helpful in ways that are meaningful.
To learn more about what it takes to create a sustainable organization that is more people-, product-, and planet-oriented, Purpose 360 welcomed KoAnn Skrzyniarz, CEO and Founder of Sustainable Brands. Through Sustainable Brands, she and her team have led the global conversation about how 21st century brands can deliver new business value through innovation for environmental and social purpose.
Listen for insights from KoAnn on:
- What it means and why it matters for brands to define themselves in a way that shows who they are, what they do, and how they do it.
- How shifts in consumer demands are reshaping the environments brands are selling into.
- Why brands need to lean into vulnerability and humility to come up with the solutions necessary for the complex environmental and social challenges we will continue to experience post-COVID-19.
Links & Notes
- KoAnn Vikoren Skrzyniarz
- About Sustainable Brands
- Flourishing: A Frank Conversation About Sustainability by John R. Ehrenfeld
- Sustainable Brands Flagship Conference
- The Good Life Initiative
- Brands for Good
- Brand Transformation Roadmap
- 00:08 – Welcome to Purpose 360
- 02:08 – Meet KoAnn
- 03:03 – About Sustainable Brands
- 04:29 – Who Is KoAnn?
- 06:11 – Vision of Inspiring, Engaging, & Equipping
- 08:39 – Eureka Moment
- 09:22 – Comparison to 2004-5 Sustainability Practices
- 10:25 – The Numbers
- 11:53 – Milestones of Forward Movement
- 15:13 – The Universe of Sustainable Brands
- 16:47 – Evolution of ‘Sustainability’
- 18:27 – The Three H’s
- 22:23 – Thought Leadership & The Good Life
- 25:50 – Brand Transformation Roadmap
- 28:39 – Brands For Good
- 31:05 – Learning Library
- 33:03 – Membership
- 34:49 – Changes From Covid
- 36:40 – Regeneration Event
- 39:33 – The Concept of Regeneration
- 40:50 – Webinars
- 41:54 – In the Know
- 44:24 – Looking Forward Five Years
- 46:00 – Measurement
- 47:34 – How a Company New to Sustainability Should Start Out
- 49:32 – How Employees Can Influence CEO to Make Changes
- 50:59 – Arming Brand Leaders
- 52:21 – Communications
- 55:09 – Recommendations to Those Just Starting
- 56:54 – Wrapping Up
Business is an unlikely hero: a force for good working to solve society's most pressing challenges, while boosting bottom line. This is social purpose at work. And it's a dynamic journey.
Purpose 360 is a masterclass in unlocking the potential of social purpose to ignite business and social impact. We illuminate the growing impacts of purpose, from engaging employees and fostering deeper consumer loyalty to inspiring product innovation and increasing market share.