US Bank Invests its Heart in Communities
When something happens to a US Bank customer or their community, the company takes it personally. It’s that ethos that drove US Bank and its leadership to respond to the impacts of COVID-19 and tragedies like the murder of George Floyd with heart and empathy. From caring for employees and their families to investing in minority-owned businesses, US Bank continuously puts the needs of its stakeholders first.
To talk about these initiatives, we welcomed back to Purpose 360 show Reba Dominski, Chief Social Responsibility Officer at US Bank, and President of the US Bank Foundation.
Listen for Reba’s insights on:
- Why and how US Bank has invested hundreds of millions of dollars to address social and economic inequities, including initiatives to increase access to capital for Black-owned businesses
- How US Bank bridged the personal impacts of the pandemic and movement for racial justice with the company’s values and culture
- Why US Bank conducted an “agile sprint” to better focus and integrate its social impact efforts with overall business strategy
Links & Notes
- About US Bank
- US Bank Access Commitment
- Reba Dominski on LinkedIn
- Community at US Bank
- DE&I at US Bank
- US Bank Foundation
- 00:00 – Welcome to Purpose 360
- 01:02 – Reba Dominski
- 02:55 – The Impact From George Floyd’s Death
- 08:39 – Accelerating Previous Commitments
- 10:24 – What Companies Can Do Next
- 13:55 – Pullman Porters
- 16:57 – Returning to Work
- 22:00 – Mental Health
- 26:23 – The Access Fund
- 30:11 – From ‘Can I’ to ‘Can We’
- 32:57 – Dealing With Blowback
- 34:57 – In the Know
- 39:33 – Tulsa
- 42:20 – Working With Coalitions
- 50:29 – Solar
- 52:12 – Juneteenth
- 55:02 – Last Thoughts
Business is an unlikely hero: a force for good working to solve society's most pressing challenges, while boosting bottom line. This is social purpose at work. And it's a dynamic journey.
Purpose 360 is a masterclass in unlocking the potential of social purpose to ignite business and social impact. We illuminate the growing impacts of purpose, from engaging employees and fostering deeper consumer loyalty to inspiring product innovation and increasing market share.