Star Wars Rebels • S4 E15 — Final Episode
Join host Matthew Fox and guests Riki Hayashi and Sarah Hayashi as we discuss the Star Wars Rebels series finale, “Family Reunion and Farewell.” They explore the events of the last episode, analyze key character arcs, praise the show’s found family theme, and share their thoughts on what makes it a satisfying conclusion.
- Overview of the finale’s plot wrapping up the Lothal storyline and showing where the characters end up 5 years later after Return of the Jedi
- Strong performances from recurring guests like Hondo and satisfaction seeing secondary characters return
- Excellent portrayal of Emperor Palpatine by Ian McDermid and Ezra resisting his manipulation
- Callus completing his redemption arc and earning Zeb’s trust and love
- The show’s found family theme mirrored in the Ghost crew’s connections versus Thrawn and the Empire’s isolation
- Powerful ending for the Clone troopers Gregor and Rex fighting for a cause they believe in
- Ezra foregoing temptation to have his parents revived to stay true to his found family
- Hera, Rex and Zeb/Callus’ roles in the later Rebellion and New Republic
We’ve started the conversation. Now we want to hear from you!
- Discord: Join in the conversation about this podcast, my other podcast Superhero Ethics, as well as the rest of the TruStory.FM Podcast
- Email: ✉️ firstname.lastname@example.org
- 𝕏: SWGenerations
- Facebook: TheEthicalPanda
- Instagram: SWGenerationsPod
- TikTok: TheEthicalPanda
- Visit Star Wars Generations on TruStory.FM for more information, contact info, and more!
- You can find more about Alex Kormann’s work on Instagram or on his website.
- To see more of Erin McGowan’s cosplay adventures and fandom thoughts, check out her Instagram or Tiktok.
Want to support the podcast AND get ad-free episodes and bonus content? Become a supporting member of The Ethical Panda Podcasts! Members get access to bonus content with (almost) every ad-free episode of this and my other podcast, Star Wars Universe Podcast, and we’ll be adding more benefits soon, including access to live streams!
Plus, you'll be showing your support for this show and all things Ethical Panda. Visit our home on TruStory FM to learn more.
A millennial, Gen Z'er, and Gen X'er walk into a cantina...
Each of us came into Star Wars in our own way, at our own time, and there is so much we can learn from each other when those differences fuel conversation, not conflict. Join Erin, Matthew, and Alex as we share our love for the galaxy far, far away on the Star Wars Generations Podcast!
Erin McGowan helps us get ready for Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 3. Plus, a rebroadcast of our wrap up on Season 2!
Join Matthew Fox, Alex Kormann, and Riki Hayashi for this bonus member episode as they explore the Star Wars canon novel Dark Disciple by Christie Golden.