ADHD Job Interview Tips with HR Nikki!
We’ve already talked about how you’re going about managing the emotions that come with the job hunt in the last two episodes with Dr. Doug. This week, we’re moving into the direct experience of the job hunt. You may not know this, but our own Nikki Kinzer has an extensive background in human resources and has interviewed more people than she can remember. So this week on the show, she’s going to be sharing some of the strategies she wishes more interviewees would have followed, and how your ADHD can impact you along the way!
Here are some sample questions you might ask during your own interview (for reference from this episode):
- What do you think are the most important skills for someone to have in this position? (does it match?)
- What does a typical day look like for this position? (does that sound good?)
- How might the day vary from day to day?
- How many people would I be working with and how do I work with them?
- Who do I report to you? What are they like? (if applicable)
- What does the workload look like over the course of the year? Are there some seasons that are busier than others? Why, and how does the company adjust when work is heavy/light?
- Why is this position open?
- How would you explain the work culture here?
- Why do you like working here?
- What are the next steps, will I hear back and when?
Links & Notes