Love Bombing, Hoovering, and Crazy-Making: Discussing Narcissists’ Manipulation Tactics with Sherry Gaba and Carla Romo
Overcoming Narcissistic Abuse in Relationships
This week’s episode dives deep into the warning signs of narcissism, how to protect yourself if you’re in a relationship with a narcissist – or trying to get out of one – and the journey to rediscover your self-worth after experiencing narcissistic abuse. Seth and Pete’s guests share from their expertise as therapists and life coaches that specialize in healthier relationships.
Questions we answer in this episode:
- What are some common red flags in the early stages of dating a narcissist?
- How can you safely leave a narcissistic partner?
- What does the healing process look like after dating a narcissist?
- Narcissists often love bomb their partners in the beginning of relationships.
- Setting boundaries triggers rage in narcissists.
- Rebuilding your self-esteem is crucial to recover from narcissistic abuse.
This compassionate and insightful conversation offers real tools to identify narcissism, enforce boundaries, and rediscover self-love after trauma. Listen in for an empowering discussion about overcoming narcissists’ manipulative tactics.
Links & Notes
Seth Nelson is a Tampa based family lawyer known for devising creative solutions to difficult problems. In How to Split a Toaster, Nelson and co-host Pete Wright take on the challenge of divorce with a central objective — saving your most important relationships with your family, your former spouse, and yourself.