"We can still think our own thoughts."
After JJ’s stressful experience for September’s Film Board, he deserved something more comfortable and less stressful. Leave No Trace is not only set in his hometown of Portland, but it’s PG-rating was certain to guarantee that this would be an anxiety-free viewing experience for him.
Steve and JJ follow the story of Will and his daughter Tom from wilderness to civilization and discuss the perils and choices that face them in both places. JJ provides some geography lessons and speculates why Leave No Trace and our January 2019 film, Lean On Pete, which are both set in the Portland area, are about unhoused teens.
- The article from The Oregonian that inspired My Abandonment
- Interview with author Peter Rock about the inspiration for his novel My Abandonment
- Watch this film: iTunes • Amazon
- My Abandonment — Amazon.com
- Original theatrical trailer
- Original poster artwork
- Sponsored — Audible Recommendation