Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Robert Thomsen, Vice President & General Manager of Merchandising & Marketing for BoxLunch, a civic-minded specialty retailer with an online site and eight physical stores.
With every $10 spent on the site, BoxLunch will help provide a meal to a person in need through its partnership with Feeding America.
On the show:
- How BoxLunch got started – it’s only a year-old and focused on Millennial shoppers.
- Why BoxLunch chose Feeding America and whether they will add additional charities.
- How BoxLunch donated over 70,000 meals in its first 30 days of operation.
- The success BoxLunch is having telling the Feeding America story in stores — and how it trains its employees to tell that story.
- What other cause businesses did BoxLunch look to for inspiration?
- Why did they decide to embed cause marketing in right from the start?
- How much has cause contributed to BoxLunch’s success? Can they put a percentage on it?
- How BoxLunch is involving their vendors in supporting Feeding America.
- Critical lessons learned as BoxLunch has ramped up their business.
Links & Notes
- Cause Talk Radio 93: KIND Does the Kind Thing with KIND Causes
- Before You Call Me About a Cause Business Read This First
Cause Talk Radio: The Cause Marketing Podcast
Stay up to date on all things corporate social impact and purpose-focused marketing, including trends, tactics, and need-to-know news in this weekly podcast.