Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Dan Goldenberg, Executive Director of the Call of Duty Endowment, which was founded by Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick. Dan was last on the show in November 2015. Since then, the endowment has expanded on its cause marketing and the Endowment’s impact.
On the show, Megan, Dan and Joe discuss:
- A recap on the mission of the Call of Duty Endowment.
- The Endowment’s long term partnership with GameStop and the results of their latest and newest joint fundraiser.
- How the Endowment secured its first point-of-sale fundraiser with GameStop.
- The Endowment was joined by another charity, Snowball Express, in their fundraiser with GameStop. How did that partnership work? What was the ask at the register?
- How the Endowment is raising money with in-game “vanity items,” and the key role these items play in educating gamers about the cause.
- The fourth year of the Race to Prestige exposed over two million viewers to the Endowment.
- Since gaming is such a growing industry, how can other nonprofits learn about the industry and possibly land their own partners.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!