In this episode of Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk (online) platforms, Pinterest (again) and (motion) pictures.
- Joe’s bullish on new, Boston-based online content service Swoop and explains how this might be used for cause marketing.
- Megan talks about how major motion pictures are turning to cause marketing to launch new films, establish co-branding partnerships and increase promotional reach. But for ‘The Lorax’ movie, environmentalists are crying foul. Hear all this and more in today’s episode!
Links & Notes
Online Cause Marketing
- Is ‘Hovering’ the Future of Online Cause Marketing (Joe’s Post on Swoop)
- InfoLinks Movember Campaign (In Text Advertising on TMZ.com, etc.)
- eBay Giving Works (CMF Golden Halo Award Winners)
More on Pinterest
- Joe’s Chat on Pinterest – Philanthropy.com
- Why I Tearfully Deleted My Pinterest Inspiration Boards (Article on issues with licensing from an attorney – thanks, Laura Gonzo!)
Cause Marketing in Major Motion Pictures
- Feeding America/The Help (DVD Launch)
- Read Across America Tour – Driven By Mazda (Cause Update Post on Mazda’s ‘The Lorax’ cause marketing campaign)
- The Lorax Cannot, Will Not, Truffula Tree-Certify Your Brand (BrandChannel)
- Actor Tyler Perry Announces ‘Good Deeds: Great Needs’ (via Good Scout)