Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Robert Thomsen, Vice President & General Manager of Merchandising & Marketing for BoxLunch, a civic-minded specialty retailer with an online site and eight physical stores.
With every $10 spent on the site, BoxLunch will help provide a meal to a person in need through its partnership with Feeding America.
On the show:
- How BoxLunch got started – it’s only a year-old and focused on Millennial shoppers.
- Why BoxLunch chose Feeding America and whether they will add additional charities.
- How BoxLunch donated over 70,000 meals in its first 30 days of operation.
- The success BoxLunch is having telling the Feeding America story in stores — and how it trains its employees to tell that story.
- What other cause businesses did BoxLunch look to for inspiration?
- Why did they decide to embed cause marketing in right from the start?
- How much has cause contributed to BoxLunch’s success? Can they put a percentage on it?
- How BoxLunch is involving their vendors in supporting Feeding America.
- Critical lessons learned as BoxLunch has ramped up their business.
Links & Notes
- Cause Talk Radio 93: KIND Does the Kind Thing with KIND Causes
- Before You Call Me About a Cause Business Read This First
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!