Retailers Have a New Option. DipJar is a Donation Box for Credit Cards
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Ryder Kessler, CEO of DipJar, a donation box for credit cards that is a major improvement on the traditional coin-fed canister.
Supporters can “dip” to leave a one-step donation with any credit or debit card. You can also review DipJar activity in real time on your smartphone, and change the preset dollar amount whenever you want.
On the show, Megan, Ryan and Joe discuss:
- The history of Dipjar. It started as a way to collect tips.
- Dipjar combines the power of in-person giving with the convenience of credit cards.
- Why Dipjar switched from tips to donations.
- All the different types of nonprofits that use Dipjar Nonprofits get real-time information and access to their money.
- Where you can find Dipjar: 650 locations.
- The sophisticated anti-theft device on Dipjar: a cord!
- How Dipjar makes money.
- Joe’s plans for raise money for the JWFL at the Cause Marketing Forum Conference. (Which were quickly squashed by Megan!)
- What’s been the best use of Dipjar? What’s been most successful?
- Unlike most point-of-sale fundraisers, Dipjar will generate a donation receipt on the cardholder’s credit card statement.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!