Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Matt Hodges, Vice President of Public & Investor Relations at GameStop, about the gaming chain’s first-year fundraiser for Autism Speaks that raised a whopping $1.2 Million.
On the show, Megan, Matt and Joe discuss:
- Why GameStop chose Autism Speaks.
- How did GameStop survey employees to find out what their favorite causes were?
- What’s GameStop’s process for evaluating charities before they partner with them.
- The benefit of partnering with Autism Speaks because they share GameStop’s international footprint. Megan is hearing this more! Companies want nonprofit partners with international reach.
- What are GameStop’s current best practices when it comes to executing successful point-of-sale fundraisers? GameStop continues to make it personal and relatable to employees.
- How GameStop communicates autism stories with customers, both through internal assets and social channels.
- News Flash: Is a GameStop candle for Autism Speaks in the works?
- Adding Autism Speaks to the GameStop roster of causes gives them a full plate. What’s next?
- Matt discusses GameStop’s holiday campaign for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which tripled the dollars raised the previous year.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!