Tech Company Partners with Oxfam for ‘See a Demo, Get a Goat’
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Lisa Lewis, Director of Marketing at Formation Data Systems (FDS), a startup data storage company, about an interesting cause marketing partnership with Oxfam involving giving goats to families in need!
On the show, Megan, Lisa and Joe discuss:
- How FDS was looking for a marketing program that was affordable but impactful when Lisa discovered Oxfam after a friend gave her a goat as a gift!
- How the program works. If you demo FDS‘ product through Oxfam they will donate a goat to a needy family in a third-world country.
- The power of goats! They are a fantastic animal to donate because almost singlehandedly they can lift a family out of poverty.
- How FDS has used See a Demo, Get a Goat outside outside a trade show (that they couldn’t afford to attend!) with great success!
- Are goats the next household pet?!
- How FDS has incorporated goats into a series of videos called GoatBusters that links the craziness of goats with the disorganization of most company’s storage efforts.
- Two unexpected lessons from the program. First, employees love it – especially their younger employees (Millennials!). Second, the program is so “sticky.” Prospects remember the goats!
- Is this cause marketing program driving sales?
- FDS’ partnership with Oxfam. What do they think of the program and its success?
- What is the key takeaway from this program? What can other B2B companies learn from it?
- What’s next for the goats?
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!