This Austin Startup Helps Homeless with “Socks for Souls”
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Ryan Harmon, CEO & Co-founder of Press Cleaners. Press is a weekly, subscription-based dry cleaning and laundry delivery service in Texas that is helping the homeless and growing its business with its Socks for Souls program.
On the show, Megan, Ryan and Joe discuss:
- The backstory on Press Cleaners and Ryan Harmon.
- How Socks for Souls got started. Press will even pick up donations from non-customers!
- The impact of Socks for Souls on Press’ business. “It’s frictionless.”
- How Ryan’s entrepreneurial journey included lots of cause ventures that made Socks for Souls a natural fit when he co-founded Press.
- What challenges have Press encountered with Socks for Souls.
- Ryan’s recommendations for entrepreneurs who want to add cause to their business.
- Joe challenges Ryan’s to come up with cause ideas for new startups. A cause marketing idea for a lingerie store FOR MEN???
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!