Causely Helps Businesses Grow with Word-of-Mouth Cause Marketing
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to co-founders Matt Sharp and John Rougeux at Causely, a service that helps businesses use cause marketing to grow and build community.
With Causely, the business benefits from a big increase in word-of-mouth (typically a 4–6x increase in social media impressions!). Businesses also earn a charitable reputation in the process. Customers benefit because it gives them an easy (and free) way to support great causes. And, of course, non-profits benefit as Causely has donated over $2 million since it launched.
On the show, Megan, John and Joe discuss:
- How Causely works (Facebook check-ins) and who they work with (Today, 3,200 businesses!).
- What type of businesses benefit most from Causely?
- How does Causely work with the business to coordinate Facebook check-ins and donations? Why couldn’t businesses do this themselves?
- How are donations funded? Do they come from the customer? The business? Causely?
- What are “social goods”?
- What causes have been most popular with businesses and customers?
- How Causely works on Instagram with “location tags.”
- How Causely gives people a socially acceptable reason to post a selfie of themselves at the gym.
- How Causely can work with Facebook ads.
- What makes a great nonprofit partner for Causely? Storytelling is key!
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!