Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to co-founders Kevin Finn and Mark Edelson of Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, a privately owned restaurant known for their handcrafted beers and New American cuisine. Iron Hill is also known for its cause marketing, having raised $200,000 for children’s pediatric cancer.
On the show, Megan, Kevin, Mark and Joe discuss:
- How Iron Hill got involved with CureSearch and fighting children’s pediatric cancer.
- How Iron Hill decided on a dessert to benefit CureSearch.
- To Joe’s delight, Kevin and Mark describes the Triple Chocolate Hill, a double fudge brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, peanut butter-caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
- Since 2004, Iron Hill has raised $200k by selling the dessert at 12 locations.
- Kevin and Mark discuss their partnership with CureSearch and what a great partner they’ve been.
- This fundraiser is unique in that it’s promoted year-round. How does Iron Hill sustain the enthusiasm for the fundraiser, especially with employees.
- What’s the business benefit to Iron Hill of working with causes like CureSearch?
- People have high expectations of restaurants when it comes to giving back. How does Iron Hill deal with this challenge?
- What advice would Mark and Kevin give a restaurant about supporting a charity.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!