98% of Corporate Sustainability Programs Fail. 4 Proven Ways to Boost the Success Rate
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Jenny Davis-Peccoud, a partner with Bain & Company who leads their sustainability and corporate responsibility practice, about a new report that finds that only 2 percent of corporate sustainability programs achieve or exceed their aims. To get sustainability efforts back on track, the report offers four guidelines to deliver lasting gains.
On the show Megan, Jenny and Joe discuss:
- How Jenny defines “sustainability.”
- How data was collected for the report. 300 companies from around the world completed a survey and Jenny’s team followed up with interviews.
- Was Jenny surprised that the success rate was so low?
- Employee reaction to sustainability. Employees weren’t convinced that sustainability wasn’t a real priority for their company.
- Four things companies can do to make their sustainability efforts more successful.
- Make a bold, public commitment to sustainability.
- CEO’s need to lead by example.
- Highlight the business case.
- Use process and incentive changes to reshape behaviors.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!