How This Chain of Garden Centers Raises Six-Figures with Cause Marketing
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to A. J. Petitti, President of Petitti’s Garden Centers, a 8-store chain based in Ohio, about their partnership and support for Cleveland Clinic’s Children’s Hospital.
The program has consistently raised over $100,000 thanks to an enthusiastic fundraiser at Petitti’s stores and matching gift support from Scotts Miracle-Gro.
On the show, Megan, A. J., and Joe discuss:
- How Petitti’s got involved with Cleveland Clinic.
- The challenges of launching their first cause marketing fundraiser and growing it from a modest start of $8,000.
- How Petitti’s measures the impact of their cause marketing, both for the hospital and their business.
- How Petitti’s got Scotts Miracle-Gro involved in the fundraiser as a matching gift partner, which doubled the campaign’s success!
- How employees have responded to the program.
- How the hospital works with Petitti’s to educate employees and show the impact of their hard work.
- The two other fundraisers Petitti’s hosts during the year.
- A. J.’s advice to other businesses that want to help their favorite causes.
- How Petitti’s tracks donations at the register.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!