Brooks, REI Team Up to Support National Parks with Limited Edition Shoes
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Ed Riegert, retail marketing manager for Brooks, and Kristin Finton, footwear merchandising manager for REI, about the National Parks Collection, an exclusive line of shoes and tees being sold at REI that celebrates five iconic national parks and benefits the National Park Foundation.
On the show, Megan, Ed, Kristin, and Joe discuss:￼
- How the National Park Collection got started by Brooks.
- Other cause programs REI and Brooks have worked on.
- How the program works. How many shoes are involved? How many parks? How much money is being raised?
- Why Brooks decided to create a custom line of shoes for the National Park Foundation.
- Is branded footwear the future of footwear marketing.
- Why REI got involved as the exclusive sales partner in the program.
- The response so far from consumers and employees.
- How the collection highlights Brooks’ commitment to trail shoes.
- The business benefits of the campaign.
- Is there a special place for the collection in REI stores?
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!