CMN Hospitals’ 3 Principles For Building 30-Year Corporate Partnerships
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, a national nonprofit raising funds for 170 children’s hospitals, is a leader in the corporate partnership and social impact space. CMN Hospitals has almost 100 corporate partners, an average partnership tenure of 20 years and retained 100% of its corporate partners during the pandemic.
Long-lasting relationships like these take time and energy, but it’s one of the most important investments a nonprofit can make. In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by CMN Hospitals’ Vice President of National Strategic Partnerships, Julie Breckenkamp, and Vice President of Community Operations & New Business, Staci Cross.
They recently hit a 15-year milestone with Panda Express and a 35-year milestone with Walmart. In today’s episode, we’ll highlight their overall corporate partnership program, learn from these two milestones and hear Julie & Staci’s advice for building long-lasting corporate partnerships. CMN Hospitals is celebrating 40 years in 2023 – and is still working with some of its first partners!
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- The 3 principles that lead to CMN Hospitals’ great relationships with its corporate partners
- How to work from a relational, not transactional, mindset
- How to focus on long-term partnerships from the get-to
- How to immerse employees in your partnership
- What a “customer-intimate approach” is and why it’s important
- Julie & Staci’s top pieces of advice for listeners
Links & Notes
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Website
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Facebook
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Instagram
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Twitter
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past podcast episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- (00:00) – Welcome to Engage for Good
- (01:54) – Introducing Julie Breckenkamp and Staci Cross
- (02:51) – About CMN Hospitals Partnerships
- (04:10) – On Working with the Team
- (06:24) – Milestones & Achievements
- (09:34) – Lessons… and Fun at Walmart!
- (12:01) – Three Key Principles
- (20:27) – The Customer-Intimate Approach
- (23:22) – Parting Advice
- (25:24) – Learn More
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!