Going “Back2School” With Boys & Girls Clubs Of America and Chad Royal-Pascoe
It’s September… you’ve probably seen back-to-school commercials on TV, heard school updates on the radio and seen store aisles littered with colorful school supplies. Back-to-school (or, in some cases, already-in-school) is in full effect. Yet, heading “back to school” isn’t just about getting kids the right notebooks and pencils. It’s also about helping them get emotionally and mentally ready for the change and thinking about what their after-school activities will look like.
After the especially trying year we’ve had, that’s no small feat.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America, a sponsor of Engage for Good, is one organization that has been working in this space for years. In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Chad Royal-Pascoe, Acting Senior Vice President of Resource Development at Boys & Girls Clubs of America to talk about their Back2School campaign and how they’ve built it into a successful annual fundraising platform.
Tune into today’s episode to hear all about:
- How Back2School began as a PR event and transformed into a successful seasonal campaign
- BGCA’s plans to pilot “local cause marketing” and what’s in store on that front
- Chad’s input for developing your own seasonal campaign
- How they ensure a focus on local clubs, even at the national level
- What keeps corporate partners coming back each year
- One stellar piece of advice for developing lasting corporate partnerships (and succeeding in life!)
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!