In The Wake Of Disaster, JetBlue Soars
In this episode of Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe chat with Icema Gibbs, JetBlue’s VP of CSR about the airline’s robust corporate disaster giving history and ongoing initiatives. We also dive into lessons learned from the catastrophic 2017 hurricane season (one of the worst on record) in which JetBlue played a special role. On the show Joe, Megan and Icema discuss:
- JetBlue’s top priorities after a disaster event: crew members, customers and community.
- The many activations JetBlue had in the wake of the 2017 hurricane season with a special focus on Puerto Rico
- Why it’s critical for companies to contribute in ways that leverage their internal assets
- The importance of assessing local need and how hard it can be to balance a quick and appropriate response
- The different phases of disaster recovery and the importance of empowering a local community to get back on its feet
- Why more collaboration between companies is critical in a disaster and the steps JetBlue has taken to form tighter alliances
- What JetBlue looks for in nonprofit partners: like-minded organizations that are nimble, flexible and align with the JetBlue brand
- The balance between providing information and being boastful
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!