Sweetgreen, World Central Kitchen Provide Nutrition To Frontline Healthcare Workers
Sweetgreen restaurants are on a mission to inspire healthier communities by connecting people to real food. When the COVID pandemic hit, they realized they could fill a need by providing healthy food to healthcare workers. So they teamed up with Chef Jose Andres’ World Central Kitchen to create the sweetgreen impact outpost fund that would get much-needed nutrition to hospitals around the country.
In this episode of Cause Talk Radio, Megan has the pleasure of chatting with Kirby Bumpus, Head of Social Impact and Inclusion for sweetgreen.
In addition to learning more about this partnership with World Central Kitchen and how it got started, we also learn more about some of the incredible social impact work sweetgreen is committed to around food education, access and much, much more.
Links & Notes
- sweetgreen’s Impact Outpost Work
- sweetgreen’s Social Impact Work
- sweetgreen on Twitter
- sweetgreen on Facebook
- (00:00) – Welcome to Cause Talk Radio
- (00:21) – Sponsor: Audible
- (00:48) – Introducing Sweetgreen and World Central Kitchen
- (01:48) – Learning a little bit about Sweetgreen
- (05:13) – The Sweetgreen Impact Outpost Fund
- (11:38) – Sponsor: Audible
- (12:21) – How the parntnership began
- (14:16) – Challenges and Surprises
- (17:25) – Activating Internal Assets
- (25:43) – Learn more
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!