Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Michal Alter, Co-Founder and CEO of Visit.org, about how this B-Corp is curating different local travel experiences, ranging from free to several thousand dollars per person, all in the name of social good! The traveler gets an authentic travel experience and 100% of host revenue is invested back into the local community.
On the show, Megan, Michal, and Joe discuss:
- Michal explains the Visit.org model and what prompted her to start the business.
- How Visit.org selects their nonprofit partners.
- Michal’s favorite local travel experience.
- Which tours are most popular on the site.
- Why Visit.org is a B-corp and not a nonprofit.
- The long term vision of the company.
- The challenging of explaining Visit.org to new website visitors.
- The challenges of building a business that is both good for the world and profitable.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!