Successful Corporate Partnerships With BGCA & Back2School
Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Back2School campaign has grown over the years from a PR event with three corporate partners to a multilayered annual fundraising platform with 24 corporate partners in 2022. As a part of the Back-to-School promotion, BGCA’s corporate partners come together to support youth through donations, in-store activations, employee volunteering, transportation solutions, homework help and more.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Chad Royal-Pascoe — Senior Vice President, Resource Development – Corporate, Cause and Events, at Boys & Girls Clubs of America to talk about their Back2School initiative and corporate partners.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- How to center shared values in your partnerships and what questions to ask to spark the conversation
- How to determine what your partners’ strengths and assets are and leverage them effectively
- How BGCA’s corporate partners are activating for this year’s campaign
- Chad’s top tip for successful social impact partnerships
- The importance of making these campaigns a part of a business instead of an “add-on”
- How BGCA has scaled this campaign, and its corporate partner program
- Chad’s biggest challenge and why he thinks it’s something others are facing
- Why you need to align on what success looks like
This episode is brought to you by Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Links & Notes
- Back2School Press Release
- BGCA Website
- Back2School Website
- Chad Royal-Pascoe LinkedIn
- Halo Awards
- Season 11, Ep3: Going “Back2School” With Boys & Girls Clubs Of America
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past podcast episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- (00:00) – Welcome to Engage for Good
- (01:41) – Introducing Chad Royal-Pascoe and BGCA
- (04:38) – The BGCA Back2School Campaign
- (06:50) – Partnerships and Shared Values
- (10:59) – 2022 Partners
- (12:28) – Leveraging Partner Strengths
- (14:43) – Scaling Partner Programs
- (18:14) – How has corporate involvement changed over the years?
- (21:20) – Local Cause Marketing
- (23:18) – Challenges in the space
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!