Q&A Lab – Answering Listener Questions
It’s time for the Q&A Lab again! In this episode, Bill and Megan answer listener questions on several topics, including:
- dealing with high conflict family members who accuse you of not living up to their expectations. Should hurtful comments be ignored? Should EAR Statements be used?
- similarities and differences of ADHD and personality disorders
- can ADHD co-exist with a high conflict personality in the same individual
- from a previous podcast on Russia’s Putin in which we suggested that he may suffer from malignant narcissism, and whether the term “psychopath” would be more accurate
- deciding when to use EAR Statements and BIFF Responses to create connection with a person with a high conflict personality, and when to just take distance or avoid them
- re-kindling an old friendship with someone with Borderline Personality HCP attributes
Listen as we break it down and answer these questions that truly have a significant impact on lives.
Links & Other Notes
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
You can also find these show notes at our site as well.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.
- 00:00 – Welcome to It’s All Your Fault
- 01:57 – Q&A Lab
- 02:09 – Question 1
- 09:29 – Question 2
- 16:07 – Question 3
- 21:46 – Question 4
- 25:09 – Question 5
- 31:54 – Links, Etc.
- 32:53 – Reminders & Coming Next Week: Catherine Mattice
Each week, Bill Eddy and Megan Hunter will be exploring the five types of people who can ruin your life — people with high conflict personalities — and how they weave themselves into our lives in romance, at work, next door, at school, places of worship, and just about everywhere, causing chaos, exhaustion, and dread for everyone else.