Minute Three: From Chasing to Crashing
Darcy drives! In the third minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film Thor…
- We get a good look at what Darcy saw in her rearview mirror in the last minute. It’s cool.
- And then the astronomical disturbance turns into what looks like a fiery tornado. Darcy’s right to not want to drive toward it.
- To that end, Erik’s right to be surprised. This doesn’t look like a subtle aurora. But at least he’s on board with her now.
- Clearly, Jane is the storm chaser Erik accused her of being. She really wants to drive into what looks like a tornado?
- Darcy the intern drives like a maniac. But it is the middle of the night off-roading in the desert.
- Jane’s filming the disturbance with her infrared camera. Is there a man in there? Matthew sees it but Andy doesn’t.
Okay, let’s talk about the smarts when it comes to driving toward what looks like a tornado.
- But is it a man or a… cello? Regardless, we agree with Darcy that you shouldn’t be driving toward it.
- And how exactly does a trip through the bifrost work, and why is this particular trip so much grander than any we’ve seen since?
- Regardless, we question Jane’s scientific methods in her race to the site of the disturbance. Wouldn’t driving into the storm mean she’s destroying any evidence on the ground under it? What’s the benefit for her research to drive into this anomaly?
- So, does Jane want to drive into it because of the magnetometer on the top of the van? Would it be recording something?
- To that end, is Jane the type to have discussed possible dangers of the internship with Darcy? And is Darcy the type who would’ve just ignored those warnings?
- The aurora borealis doesn’t make sounds. This particular disturbance definitely is making sound. It’s much more like a storm. At the end, we can hear the bifrost close if we’re paying attention.
- But really, the best thing about all of this is that it actually feels like something scientific.
The chase is on in this minute. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on TruStory FM’s Discord channel!