Thor 072: How Drunk Did Thor & Erik Get?
In this minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film ‘Thor,’ Loki reminds Heimdall that he’s in charge, and Thor delivers a passed out Erik to Jane’s trailer. Bubbawheat from the Flights, Tights and Movie Nights podcast joins us on this episode!
Minute Seventy-Two: From Loki’s Warning to Thor’s Delivery
Joining us to discuss the working relationship between Loki and Heimdall, as well as the arrival of Thor with a drunk Erik over his shoulder is Bubbawheat from the Flights, Tights and Movie Nights podcast!
In the seventy-second minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film Thor…
- Heimdall takes a long time to reply to Loki about his loyalties. And Loki looks unhappy about that.
- Is Heimdall feeling guilt now that he earlier betrayed Odin to let Thor go down to Jotunheim? Or was that a situation where the ends more justified the means?
- Is part of the reason Loki asks this now is because he knows Heimdall disobeyed Odin earlier and wants to make sure he knows so Heimdall doesn’t obey now?
- We debate this point for a bit. Very interesting moment here.
- Loki walks out with a comment about Thor’s mess. What’s he mean by that?
- Is he afraid Heimdall will open the Bifrost to Thor? Or is he worried that Heimdall may bring Thor back?
Meanwhile, back on Midgard…
- Jane’s now reading Erik’s library book. Kinda distracted, but still reading it.
- We see she eats GoLean Crunch!
- Thor shows up with a drunk Erik thrown over his shoulder. How drunk did Erik get? Does it matter that we didn’t get to see the bar fight or Erik passing out in the street?
- Erik seems to be buddy-buddy with Thor now. So does that mean Thor can stay?
- Thor’s metabolism is Asgardian but he’s mortal. Why is he handling his liquor so well?
- When Thor says Erik made his ancestors proud, what would it have been that made them proud?
- But where did Thor get this plaid coat? It was laying on the bar. Did he steal someone else’s coat?
- It’s kinda a lumberjack flannel chique… in other words, fairly ugly.
- We identify Jane’s shirt, thanks to people online. It’s not Miss Minutes though. It’s called Wandering Sun designed by Marc Jacobs.
- And Bubbawheat points out a few of the movies that Jane has on DVD in her trailer.
It’s a fun minute full of kingly warnings and drunk deliveries with Bubbawheat. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!
- Watch this film: iTunes • Amazon • Netflix • YouTube • Disney+
- Join the conversation on Discord
- Script Transcript
- Trailer #1
- Trailer #2
- Poster artwork
- Original Material
- Icelandic Pronunciations!
- Bubbawheat on Twitter
- Flights, Tights & Movie Nights
- Flights, Tights & Movie Nights Facebook Group
- Filmwhys podcast
- It’s Time to Rewind podcast