P&G has the distinct honor of being one of the oldest companies on our show, and one with a purpose that honors the organization’s legacy as much as it guides the multi-national CPG company into the future.
Damon Jones, P&G’s Chief Communications Officer, joined Purpose 360 to talk about the company’s efforts to be “a force for good and a force for growth” across a portfolio of dozens of brands, with nearly 100,000 employees around the world.
Listen for Damon’s insights on:
- How P&G crafted a purpose that is “built in, not bolted on” to be truly integrated in the company’s DNA—and that of its brands
- How purposes guides innovation across the organization, from global operations to brand-level improvements
- Why P&G pursues advocacy efforts around issues including gender and race equality, among others, and what the company has learned about embracing issues important to citizens
- The importance of authenticity and “walking the walk” of corporate purpose, and how P&G lives its purpose through commitments to fair and equal advertising, responsible supply chain, sustainability, and community engagement
- How the CPG company has responded to COVID–19 to protect employees in markets around the world, as well as consumers and communities
Links & Notes
Business is an unlikely hero: a force for good working to solve society's most pressing challenges, while boosting bottom line. This is social purpose at work. And it's a dynamic journey.
Purpose 360 is a masterclass in unlocking the potential of social purpose to ignite business and social impact. We illuminate the growing impacts of purpose, from engaging employees and fostering deeper consumer loyalty to inspiring product innovation and increasing market share.