NRG Powers Purpose
Every time we switch on a light, we make an impact on the environment. While most of us have limited choice in our energy providers, NRG’s 3.7 million customers can feel good about the company powering their lives.
NRG is a publicly-held energy company with a purpose to bring the power of energy to people and organizations. The company’s social impact platform, positiveNRG, engages employees, communities, and nonprofit organizations around NRG’s purpose, to drive impact at home and around the world. Purpose 360 welcomed Jennifer Brunelle, Head of Charitable Giving at NRG, to share the company’s purpose journey.
Listen for Jennifer’s insights on:
- How purpose guides NRG in transforming the energy sector through a radically customer-focused approach
- How positiveNRG engages and empowers employees at all levels of the organization to mobilize them in their home communities
- The evolution of charitable giving, and how purpose allows NRG to up-level giving efforts strategically to be more impactful
Links & Notes
- 00:00 – Welcome Jennifer Brunelle from NRG Energy Inc.
- 05:00 – About NRG
- 05:55 – The Evolution of Charitable Giving
- 11:21 – Jennifer’s Thoughts on This Evolution
- 12:39 – Discovering NRG’s Purpose
- 15:34 – Creating a De-Carbonized Future
- 20:23 – Positive NRG
- 22:11 – Employee Response to Choice
- 24:53 – Purpose Guiding Actions for Racial Justice
- 30:38 – Response to COVID
- 35:44 – Three Insights
- 38:13 – The Last Word
Business is an unlikely hero: a force for good working to solve society's most pressing challenges, while boosting bottom line. This is social purpose at work. And it's a dynamic journey.
Purpose 360 is a masterclass in unlocking the potential of social purpose to ignite business and social impact. We illuminate the growing impacts of purpose, from engaging employees and fostering deeper consumer loyalty to inspiring product innovation and increasing market share.